Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Secret...

I kinda stumbled upon a copy of the best selling book, "The Secret." At the time when the book was featured on Oprah and just creating a tremendous buzz, I felt I'll pass, I've read so many self-help books. So in recently being presented with this opportunity to engage this book, I'm quite please of the timing, it couldn't have been better. Overall it's a book about the law of attraction for those who haven't read it. Something we know about, nothing really new or astonishing, just lessons we have continue to learn and relearn as we sometimes forget. Life will give you so many tides to ride, all the tosses and turns, detours, wins, chaos and excitement, we forget very simple principles that govern our lives. I earnestly believe that we do attract into our lives what we experience. So I'm reaccquainting myself with monitoring my feelings and focusing on "feeling good" more than ever before. Personally, I can't handle hopelessness and despair, it's such a downer for me.

Days prior to reading this book, I was addressing some negative feelings and emotion about something that seem to keep reoccuring no matter how much I prayed, affirmed and rationalized. Further introspection, soul searching, I got to the very root of my angst, mind you, I've struggled with this issue for years. It was a disappointment I suffered and never really recovered until recently, even though, I proclaimed many times I had. It's been a couple of things I really, really wanted and didn't get and was wounded. It was the first dream job I intensely pursued out of college and didn't get and unhealthy relationships that seemed inevitable until the last year or so. I continue to consciously work on stubborn thinking patterns and replace them with thinking, feeling and believing that I already have everything I so desire. I count my blessings and they are many. I realize the total wealth of my life past and present. I like who I am and what I do, where I've been and how I can give of myself and befriend family and friends. As for that dream job, well, after many excursions, I'm actively pursuing the dream job I wanted by creating it myself, my own clothing line. I get to use the depth and breadth of my experience and bring so much knowledge and flavor to this endeavor. It makes me smile because I KNOW I will be successful, because success for me now is being happy, feeling good as often as possible and the universe takes care of the rest!

The Secret book is a reminder of watching my thoughts, words and feelings (law of attraction), they create my actions and hence experience. Remembering there's no in between. I realize uncontrollable things will happen, some people are born into harshness, violations and human suffering. But, living in this country and other places in the world, we can make our dreams come true, it take time, an updated belief system and even uncovering secrets.


www.fineandfabulousmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment