Saturday, December 12, 2009

Avoiding Depression

Depression is no fun, especially, during the holiday season and through harsh winters! Find ways to escape the low-grade to acute depression many of us battle. I know I live in a cold climate winter city and the weather can get me down. Also, I can get depressed when things aren't moving as fast as I had planned and hoped for, but I keep moving, shaking things up. I can't stand to feel despair and hopelessness. This is what sometimes quietly plague me beneath the surface of working, laughing, sharing a good time or watching others go through challenging times, but I remind myself that "this too shall pass."

We live in very strange times and there's a great amount of disconnect going on in our everyday lives that goes unnoticed for far too many. We've become immune to pain and sorrow, our own and others. We almost forget that life is about having fun, creating some sunshine when those clouds appear and seem to want to stick around. As we study ourselves, we find out more our needs and take a break from nurturing others for a little "me time." In this way, we can have something to continue to give, whether it's our jobs and careers, families or community!

Live your life to limit, be bold, be beautiful and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment